Monday, December 5, 2011

PushStart's Cena Tica
Thursday, December 8th

So, I'm sure by now you've heard me gush about our recent trip to Costa Rica!  Ten days in "the happiest country on earth!"  Did wonders for the spirit and definitely helped in working up a solid appetite.  In honor of our trip back "home," we've brought back some menus inspired by the comida tipica of the Tico kitchen.  I wouldn't go as far as to say that these are truly authentic plates as much my honest try at honoring the food traditions of my adopted nation, my home away from home.  We would love to have you in to share a meal with us...and don't worry, I won't pull out the slide show of our photos.  I promise.  NO, seriously.
MENU:
(includes wine pairings)

-Cocktails and canapes
-"sopa negra": Black bean broth, poached quail egg, pancetta lardon, cilantro goat cheese, lime gelee.
-Sous vide breast of chicken, ceviche de platano, charred serrano, chicharrones de pollo, jasmine rice puree
-"Torta chilena": crepe terrine, dulce de leche, compressed pear, lemon cream
-Candies and cordial

$50 per diner suggested donation
(cash only please)

If you haven't done it already, subscribe to our mailing list to the right.  We'll send out invites via email.  If you'd like to join us (and we'd love to have you) please respond to the dinner email invite as fast as possible with how many in your party and a good contact number.  We'll be in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment